Rules regarding Municipal Donations are many and varied but in general:
- Donations of more than $2000 have to be approved by council.
- Donations of varying amounts (Cash, Labour, Rentals, Coverage) may be approved by staff members as per the donation policy.
- Total donation amounts are set for a budget year during the budgeting process, so early applications will have a greater chance of success.
- When the total donation amounts are allocated any additional amounts will need to be approved by council.
- For a complete listing of the rules and conditions see the donation policy document.