This page will help you make a complaint to the Appointed Integrity Commissioner.

The Municipality of Red Lake appointed Paul Heayn on March 16, 2020 by By-Law No. 11-2020 as Integrity Commissioner, in accordance to Section 223.3(1) of the Municipal Act.

The Integrity Commissioner is responsible for

  1.   Advising Council members and members of Local Boards of their duties under the Code of Conduct for Members of Council, Local Boards and Committees.
  2.   Informing the public about the Code of Conduct for members of Council and members of Local Boards; including Council members' and members of Local Boards' roles under the Code.
  3.   Deciding whether to investigate complaints about Council members' and Local Board members' conduct.
  4.   Making recommendations if there is an investigation.

Integrity Commissioner's Procedures

Informal Complaint

If you think a Council member is not following the Code of Conduct for Council, you may:

  1.   Advise the Member that their behaviour or activity apppears to constitute a contravention;
  2.   Encourage the Member to acknowledge and agree to stop the prohibited behaviour or activity and avoid future occurrences of the prohibited behaviour or activity;
  3.   Where a Member agrees to cease the behaviour, confirm in writing that the agreement is satisfactory;
  4.   Where the Member's response is not satisfactory, advise the Member of your dissatisfaction with the response; and
  5.   Consider the need to pursue the matter in accordance with the Formal Complaint Procedure as outlined in the "Integrity Commissioner Complaint Protocol" policy

Formal Complaint

If you think a Council member has broken the Code of Conduct, you may make a formal complaint. Refer to the Integrity Commissioner Inquiry Protocol to make a complaint to the Integrity Commissioner, Paul Heayn using the contact information below.

Find out more information from:

Mr. Paul S. Heayn, Integrity Commissioner
41 Clearwater Crescent
Dryden, Ontario
P8N 3H8
Telephone: (807) 223-6824
Fax: (807) 223-6824
Cell: (807) 221-8128